What better way to exercise than the trampoline? It’s a good way to improve your balance, build muscle mass, but also ensure your cardiovascular health. In addition to this, this activity is highly appreciated by children, young people and adults. However, this activity carries risks. Today we see some tips for safety on trampolines
Many parents are reluctant to buy this kind of garden accessory but also to let our children play with their friends or in a trampoline park. Obviously we cannot forget these dozens of articles on falls and injuries sustained on this type of product.
However, if our jumpers followed the safety rules for these trampolines , we could do this fun activity without fear of an accident. In this article, we go over the good behavior and different rules to have a good time without an accident.
The location of the trampoline
Once you have purchased your trampoline, we advise you to pay attention to where you will place your game. This step is essential in order to limit the risk of accidents from the outset.
Here are a few tips :
- Place your trampolines away from fences, walls, trees, barbecue, in clear, away from anything that could collide with the jumper. In general, it is advisable to leave 2 meters around the trampoline .
- Do not place the trampoline on sloping or slippery ground. It requires a flat surface that absorbs shocks (grass, sand, carpet). Be careful, if you have no other location than hard or concrete, remember to protect with nets and mats an important area around your trampoline.
- Light up the jumping area.
Our recommendations for trampolining
In the rest of this article you will find our 10 safety tips and recommendations for using trampolines. They are valid for children but also for adults. By following our advice, you will limit the risk of injury.
1. Explain to your children the risks of the trampoline on their body
Before any use, please read the recommendations for use made by the manufacturer. These recommendations are different depending on the brands and models of trampoline . Our children do not have the concept of danger, explain in simple words, the risk of injury.
2. Remove all rigid objects from the trampoline
Emptying your pockets before trampolining is very important. Remember to put down all the objects that are likely to injure you or tear the trampoline mat .
3. Check the condition of the trampoline and safety accessories
To practice the trampoline safely , you must regularly check its condition. Here is a basic list to check:
– The springs, elastics and structure of the trampoline must be well covered so that you do not get your feet or hands stuck.
– The frame must be properly fixed.
– Safety mattresses must be well positioned
– If you have a net, check that it is closed so that the jumper does not fall outside.
– The trampoline model must be adapted to the weight, height and age of the participant.
4. Do not use a wet or stormy trampoline.
When the weather conditions are unfavorable (thunderstorm, rain, wind,…) we do not advise you to use your trampoline. If your trampoline canvas gets wet, you lose grip and you will fall repeatedly.
5. Do not ride a trampoline in shoes
6. Do not use the trampoline with several people at the same time
We advise not to use the trampolines with several people. The most frequent accidents are caused by collisions between several people. The difference in weight is also the cause of many injuries.
7. Jump in the middle of the canvas
Depending on the shape of your trampoline, the bounce will not be the same. It is also better to jump in the middle. Indeed, in the event of a bad jump, you can easily catch up. When you jump in the middle of the canvas, the forces push you upwards, while to the sides you will be thrown at an angle.
8. Make jumps that you master
Before you start somersaults , we recommend that you learn basic jumps. The straight jump or the seated jump allows you to stabilize yourself. Throughout your learning, you will learn more and more perilous figures, but above all, you will learn to place yourself in the air and to fall well.
Don’t skip the steps.
9. Pay attention to entrances and exits
The entrance to the trampoline must be controlled by an adult to avoid any risk of falling.